“There are many talented people who haven't fulfilled their dreams because they over thought it, or they were too cautious, and were unwilling to make the leap of faith.” James Cameron
Have you ever asked yourself what it means to be fulfilled? According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary it means: to succeed in achieving (something): to make (something, such as a dream) true or real. When you reach the state of fulfillment, there is literally nothing more you want or could ask for. You believe you have everything that sustains you physically, emotionally, and spiritually in a balanced way.
Working in the corporate world for decades, I always felt like something was missing. I felt like the work I was doing was meaningless. I was working just to pay the bills and I didn’t know how I wound up in the position I was in. I just worked to keep up with life.
It wasn’t until I crashed, burned and slid into deep depression, that I realized how imbalanced my life was. Because I wasn't living my life in alignment with my authentic self, I felt unfulfilled.
“There are two ways to live your life. One is as thought nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” Albert Einstein
Through my studies I’ve learned that if you practice these strategies you can and will increase your feelings of fulfillment helping you to achieve Livelihood Spirit Balance where how you live your life is in alignment with your authentic self:
7 Steps to Greater Life Fulfillment
1. Listen to your internal self. Recognize that how you want your life to be is more important than anyone else’s ideas, dreams, or advice for your future. What do you say to yourself? Your thoughts and feelings matter greatly.
2. Find a way to get paid for doing what fills you with joy. Because work is one-third or more of your life, loving your work is integral to living a fulfilled existence. Equilibrate your emotions surrounding why you might worry about what others think of your job.
If your career piques your interest, gets you excited, imparts new knowledge, and builds your self-confidence, you have a winner.
In the event you feel you’ve gone a bit stale on your job, ask yourself, what do you love to do? Work with numbers? Paint a picture? Write children’s stories? When you think about it, you might be able to develop an income stream from doing what you find passion in.
Remember when you love what you do it’s like not working at all.
3. Investigate your options. When a chance to make life-changing decision comes your way, how do you handle it? A thorough review of each option will help you imagine how you’ll be affected if you choose that avenue.
Make it a point to examine options that can open up your life in ways you have yet to consider. This is your chance to discover how to move closer toward personal success and a life that is more enriching than you ever dreamed of.
4. If you require more education or training, do it without hesitation. Many let their age get in the way of additional knowledge-building or say they lack the time necessary. But if you want fulfillment and Livelihood Spirit Balance, it’s important to move forward in ways that deliver what you really want to achieve in life. So, go ahead and take that course, training, or skill-building seminar.
5. Choose wisely. Make a conscious decision as soon as you wake up to have an attitude of gratitude and make today the best day ever.
You get to decide how you’ll handle the disaster of the moment. Will you lose your edge or carry through to the best resolution possible? Learning to balance your emotions in these situations will help you to shine through.
6. Treat others how you’d like to be treated. One of the most challenging things about life is to realize what goes around comes around. If you consistently look for values and characteristics in others that are in alignment with your own, equilibrate your response to the values and characteristics that are not in alignment with your own, and send out compassion, respect and love, the rewards you receive back will be great.
7. Find a role model. It can be incredibly life-enhancing to discover an individual that behaves in ways that you honor and respect. Dream big when it comes to deciding who you want to be like.
People like Nelson Mandela, Oprah Winfrey, the Dalai Lama, or Joel Osteen can provide you with a wonderful personal pathway to follow.
However, maybe your grandfather, Aunt Mary, or a neighbor who has more love for others than you can imagine also provide beautiful examples of the person you want to be.
Whatever the case, having an image in your mind of someone you believe is a fascinating individual provides a direction for you to work toward.
Applying these methods will help you create a life that brings you joy and contentment. Your life is an adventure that you can live with intention, a penchant for discovery, and challenge.
Make each day count, starting now. Your fulfilling life full of Livelihood Spirit Balance awaits you.
Love & Light to you